July 2017 Wrap Up/ posted in: Reading
I had another month off of work but starting in August I’ll be earning my keep again. So, this is the last month of big reading numbers.
I read 23 books and novellas this month.
I had a bit of a binge on M.C.A. Hogarth’s novels and short stories.
I read some nonfiction.
The books were:
- Set in Syria, Malaya, England, Japan, India, and the U.S. (Minnesota, South Dakota, New York, Pennsylvania, California, Wisconsin)
- 3 audiobooks – all nonfiction
The authors were:
- 11 unique female authors and 6 male authors
- M.C.A Hogarth 5 times and Seanan McGuire 3 times
- 1 Indian man, 1 Latina woman (over and over again), 1 Japanese woman, 1 Belgian-Japanese woman, 1 Malaysian woman, 7 white women, and 5 white men.
Women In Translation Month – an August event
I’m going to try to read some of my books in translation for this event. I have a TBR post coming up later in the week. I found this bingo card for the event. So far my book choices are all over the place with no bingo in sight.
Another fun event is this one based on a videogame. You choose your character and follow the book prompts on their path. I’m going to start as a mage and if I finish that I’m going to try the bard path. There are a lot of rules about how to earn points. The squares in the middle are side quests open to everyone.
You almost have to do it because the graphics by CW of Read, Think, Ponder are so cute!
It doesn’t start until the middle of August and runs for a month. I’m not sure about my TBR yet. A lot of the books I have planned to read for #WITmonth would work here but I’m not sure what I’ll have already read by the time this starts.
I’ll post a TBR and point recording page on August 13, when this starts.
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I didn’t add any countries this month. 🙁 With the books I’m planning on reading soon, I should be able to add a few more.