Yearly Reading Wrap Up/ posted in: Reading
I ended up reading 155 books this year. That’s down almost 100 books from last year. This year I got a job where I actually have to work all day instead of having long waiting periods. It is totally cutting out most of my reading time. The biggest adjustment has been having to limit the number of books I bring home from the library since I can’t read them all anymore.
For my year end review I’m linking up to Perpetual Page-turner’s End of Year Book Survey. I’m not doing all the questions because the last ones I didn’t have good answers for.
Favorite Books This Year
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I liked one book in the series but not the other.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? and 7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I haven’t read a lot of graphic novels but I loved this because who can’t love a wombat hero? You can read it all on her website.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Probably The Baker’s Daughter
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
I read Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series this year.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Maggie Anton – I loved all her books and can’t wait for her to make more.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Anything Terry Pratchett
It seems that my favorite books tended to feature strong women in wars or living in war time (often in Russia). That isn’t what I would have predicted!
Book I was most looking forward to in 2012?
I got this on audio so it would last a long time and I’m dragging it out so it lasts even longer. I love, love, love this series?
So what about you? What were your favorites this year?