April 2018 Wrap Up/ posted in: Reading
I read 13 books this month. This month the books were either depressing nonfiction or fluffy historical romance. I don’t seem to have an in-between right now. I have instituted a rule that I can only read historical fiction authors recommended by people on romance Twitter. So far, that has served me well.
The books were:
- 3 nonfiction
- 0 audio books because I started from the beginning of The West Wing Weekly podcast
- Set in England, Yemen, Kenya, Zimbabwe/Mozambique and the U.S.
The authors were:
- 8unique white women, 2 white men, 1 African-American woman, 1 African man, and 1 Middle Eastern man
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I actually added countries this month. I added Kenya, Yemen, and Mozambique.
Now there are badges for getting an continent done! I’m nowhere close because Australia is bundled with the Pacific Ocean island countries.