August 2017 Wrap Up/ posted in: Reading
This was a good reading month. I read a lot of Women in Translation and I used The Reading Quest challenge to really tackle some books that I’ve had on my TBR for a while.
I read 22 books this month.
My Women in Translation Month reading
The books were:
- Set in France, Iceland, The Ivory Coast, Poland, Japan, Turkmenistan, Sweden, Suriname, England, Italy, Algeria, and fantasy places. I just realized that none of the fiction was set in the U.S.
- The nonfiction was set in Minnesota/New York, Massachusetts, and the Pacific Ocean
- 2 audiobooks and 5 graphic novels
The authors were:
- 16 unique female authors and 3 male authors
- 9 white women, 3 white men, 1 South Asian woman, 2 Japanese women, 1 Korean woman, 1 Latina, and 2 black women
Women In Translation Month – an August event
I loved focusing on translations. I read a lot of graphic novels because I could get more in that way.
There are many combinations I could have marked but this one gave me 2 bingos. I read books originally in French, Polish, Icelandic, Swedish, Dutch, Korean, and Japanese.
We’re halfway through The Reading Quest. I’ve finished the Mage path and am working on Knight. I just have to read a book with a red cover to finish that. I’ve done four side quests in the center of the board too.
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I added Poland, Iceland, The Ivory Coast, and Suriname this month!
I made a thing! I decided to use all the National Day of Random Things holidays to make a photo challenge for myself. Anyone can play along.