Marina from Book Poisoning nominated me to answer questions for the Liebster Award.
Here’s the idea:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
The Questions She Chose For Me
1. Which fictional character do you wish were real ?
Granny Weatherwax but I’d be scared to meet her.
2. What is the longest book you’ve ever read ?
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is 973 pages according to Goodreads. That may be the biggest but I read the ebook so it didn’t seem that bad.
3. Any book you wish you could reread for the first time ?
I like talking to people who are just as obsessed as I am about weird things.
5. If you could live inside a book, which one would it be ?
I’d like to live in the world of Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde because then I’d be living in a book about living in a book.
6. Which author would you most like to meet ?
I don’t really like meeting people as evidenced when I talked about LeVar Burton’s book signing.
7. If you could have any of your questions about a book answered, what would it be ? (ex : what happens to Gale after Mockingjay ? etc)
A month ago I would have wanted to know what happened next in Jasper Fforde’s Shades of Grey because he never got around to writing the sequel but I just saw that the next two books are scheduled to be published.
8. Which book do you have no intention of reading ?
I just did a whole post on this.
9. Are you more Amazon or your local bookstore ?
Library first and then Amazon. It seems like blasphemy to say but I don’t like physical bookstores. I don’t like how they are organized. If they were set up using the Dewey Decimal system then I would probably like them better.
10. Which character’s death was just too real to handle ?
I have never recovered from Sirius’ death scene in The Order of the Phoenix.
11. If you could have a bookish-themed wedding, what theme would you choose ?
Alice in Wonderland
11 Facts About Me
1. I don’t like owning physical copies of books because I don’t like clutter.
2. Babies tend to be fascinated by me even though (or maybe because) I can’t stand them.
3. My ringtone for most people is the Harry Potter theme.
4. I say I’m afraid of snakes but mostly I’m scared of snake-shaped things on the ground – wires, branches, etc.
5. I have to know the year a book was published or I can’t settle in and read it.
6. I was on Jeopardy once. I lost.
7. I want a tortoise for my next pet.
8. I’ve been finding sharks in knee deep water when I go to the beach since before it was cool. I’m getting a bit worried about going in the water now. They seem to be drawn to me.
9. I’m pretty sure broccoli is poisonous. Anything that smells that bad has to be.
10. I’ve had psoriasis since I was 10. I like to tell nosy people that I have leprosy.
11. I’ve owned Apple computers since the Apple II but I have an Android phone. I just can’t like the iPhone for some reason.
Answer These Questions
1. What book would you recommend to a person who says that they don’t like to read?
2. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What character did you want to see killed off?
4. What book have you reread the most?
5. What is your favorite fictional invention?
6. If you could spend a day with any character, who would it be?
7. What character do you want to be like when you grow up?
8. What book do you want to see made into a mini series if they promise not to ruin it?
9. What was the last book that made you really angry?
10. Is there an author or genre that you used to love but now don’t read anymore?
11. What is the weirdest book you ever read?
I’m horrible at nominating so this is open to everyone who wants to answer.