Here’s what I read in October.
The books were:
- 3 nonfiction
- 1 audio book and 1 short story
- Set in England, India, Egypt, and the U.S.
The authors were:
- 6 unique white women, 2 South Asian women, 1 Afro-Caribbean person, and 2 white men
Which ones would I totally recommend?
I made a gallery here but it was almost all the books. I didn’t read a lot but what I did I really enjoyed. If I really, really forced myself to pick one I’d say:
What books have I been nibbling at?
So, if I haven’t been reading much what have I been doing? Well, I started watching a lot of photography videos on YouTube. That takes up some former reading time. I’m also being a very bad person and watching pirated versions of A Discovery of Witches online. It is only available in England so far.
*Hangs head in shame but pops back up to watch next episode*
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
So I totally have a book for Argentina. I got it from interlibrary loan and just keep renewing it over and over. I haven’t even read the first chapter.