The diet for the Whole Life Challenge is based on paleo diets. Those are whole food diets that rely fairly heavily on meat. As a vegetarian this is totally not going to work for me. I am also lazy when it comes to eating. I want to eat immediately when I am hungry. I don’t want to cook then. But, I like to cook and I like variety so I decided to try to cook meals and freeze them ahead of time.
I went on a big food shopping trip today. I started making up a bunch of stuff. There would be more if I hadn’t smashed the food processor into bits. That stopped progress on several meals. Oh well, I had been thinking about the fact that I really should just go buy a new one because that one was damaged in several ways that made it very difficult to use. I guess the universe agreed with me!
I’ll be posting things I make as I try them so I can report back on whether they are any good or not.
First things first. Dessert!
Source: fitsugar.com via Heather on Pinterest
This recipe as it stands isn’t Whole Life approved because it uses yogurt so I modified it.
- Take one whole ripe banana and mash it with a fork.
- Stir in an equal amount of nut butter
- Mix in a bit of cocoa powder (If anyone comes on here and tells me that it is processed so it is cheating, I’ll be very pouty.Â I wasn’t sure if it was legal but it said just “pure natural cocoa”. Shut up.)
- Add a small amount of almond milk until it is the consistency of pudding.
- Make bite sized sandwiches with the filling between two slices of banana.
- Put on a cookie sheet and dust with cinnamon.
- Freeze.Â When solid transfer to a container.
These are good.Â I like them bite sized because when you pull them out of the freezer and pop them in your mouth they take a minute to thaw.Â That way they last longer!
I also peeled and froze a few extra bananas in order to make banana “ice cream.”
- Take a peeled frozen banana and mix it in a food processor until it is the consistency of ice cream.Â Be patient.Â It will get there. Promise.
- Mix in any other flavoring (fruit, vanilla, cocoa, peanut butter, etc) you like.
I’m really looking forward to following you progress here. Dessert certainly looks delicious.