I had a quilting bee last night and today! I went to quilt my brother’s quilt on my friend’s new long-arm machine. We had a horrible time with the thread breaking last night. Then we ran out. So I went back today and finished it up. It went much better working on the borders where there were no seams. I can’t imagine that the thread is supposed to break that easily in the center of the quilt though. I think we just don’t know all the tricks to using it yet. But even with the frustration of rethreading the machine every 30 seconds (no exaggeration) it was 1000 times faster than machine quilting it on a regular machine.
I’ll post pictures as soon as the binding is on.