February 2017 Wrap Up/ posted in: Reading
I started out the month in a major slump. I was supposed to be finishing up books that I had previously started or reading books that I already had at home.
I managed to do that with two books.
I also read some books that were gifted to me.
That wasn’t helpful for getting through the stacks of books that I have here.
I was even starting audiobooks and not managing to finish them. Eventually I gave in and went back to the library. The books above were the first two weeks of February. Here are the last two.
I read 15 books in February.
- 11 were fiction and 4 were nonfiction
- 3 were audiobooks
- Set in Florida, Texas(2), California (2), Kentucky (2), NY (2), Maryland, Quebec, and Hell
There were 17 authors
- 10 were female and 7 were male
- 5 were POC
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I added Canada this month by reading A Great Reckoning that is set in Quebec.
I leveled up on the Read Diverse Books challenged. I went from the 5 posts badge to the 10 posts one. The next level is 20.
In March I’ll be going to a conference that gives me lots of time for reading at night. I think I have way over-requested at the library in anticipation of this.
In April I’ll be hosting a readalong of Small Gods for Discworldathon. If you are interested in a satire about the role of religion in politics and life, grab a copy of the book.