What a completely weird month. I started out reading like crazy and then I went on vacation. The reading came to a screeching halt. I started a lot of things but nothing was really taking.
I ended up reading 15 books this month.
See, I went off to a great start. These were awesome.
Then I started binging food books.
These were mostly good. I wasn’t crazy about the maple syrup one. I read all the above books before April 15.
Then I went on a few days of just DNFing everything right before vacation. I packed up my vacation books with huge hopes and then mostly stared at the water for a week. Not that that’s a bad thing but no books were getting finished.
I jump started my reading again by binging a whole series of graphic novels.
The books were:
- 13 fiction and 2 nonfiction
- 2 audiobooks
- Set in England, Egypt, Taiwan, and the U.S. (Connecticut, Florida, New York, California, Montana, Illinois, and Washington)
There were 11 unique authors.
- 8 female and 3 male
- 3 POC (East Asian, African American, and Middle Eastern) and 8 white
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I added Taiwan by reading The Third Son. Yes, I’m counting it as a separate country.
I also added Egypt by reading Revolution for Dummies.