I’ve seen people posting their mid-year audiobook check ins for the Audiobook Challenge hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About. I’m not officially signed up for that challenge but I thought it would be a good time to see how many audiobooks I’ve listened to this year.
Before checking my Goodreads list, I feel like I’ve read less this year than normal. I’ve been listening to some podcasts and youtube videos while driving which cuts down my audiobook time. On the other hand, I’ve started listening to some at night with the husband so maybe that evens it out.
I usually listen to 1-2 audiobooks a month. Let’s look at this year so far.
What I’ve Listened to on my Own
That’s way less than I expected. I’ve been having a hard time settling into audiobooks this year. I’ve DNFed a bunch. I listened to half of Babel and then finished it as an ebook. I just listened to Cry Wolf for the second time because I wasn’t finding something else that I wanted to listen to.
Listened to with the Husband
Here are the levels for the challenge:
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Overachiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
I am at Weekend Warrior level right now on track for Socially Awkward.