Barely living/ posted in: Fitness
Yesterday I had an ayurvedic consultation. I like going to what I affectionately call “quacks” since I consider myself one too. I’d been reading about ayurveda in Yoga Journal for years but never figured there was a practitioner around here. But I finally looked and there was one.
I have psoriasis that is getting steadily worse. According to holistic theory, skin disease is an outward manifestation of internal disease, usually liver. Western doctors will only tell me that I’m not bad enough to treat aggressively. The idea that I’m getting worse doesn’t seem to make a difference.
I went to my appointment and filled out the questionairre about all my habits. Then he asked me a bunch of questions about diet, exercise, habits, etc. On paper I’m a very healthy person. He didn’t seem to think much was wrong with me until he touched my arm. He started to pulse diagnose me and freaked out.
He said that my system is totally congested and he isn’t sure why. He just kept staring at me like I was hiding something big from him. We had talked about vegetarianism and he asked if I would take fish oil. I hestitated and he said, “If I prescribe it will you take it?” I reluctantly said ok. After he touched me he said, “YOU WILL TAKE IT!!!” The poor man then hustled me out of his office like he was concerned that I was going to expire on his rug.
Here’s my regimen for detox:
1. Blood Cleanse pills- 2 in the morning and 2 after dinner
- Supports healthy skin and a clear complexion*
- Helps detoxify the blood*
- Promotes circulation and proper function of the liver*
- Removes excess heat from the body*
2. Triphala pills – 2 after lunch and 2 after dinner
- Assists natural internal cleansing*
- Gently maintains regularity*
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues*
- Supports healthy digestion and absorption*
- Natural antioxidant*
3. 3/4 teaspoon turmeric dissolved in warm milk twice a day
- It is considered a powerful purifier by ayurvedic healers. It enhances the digestion, strengthens the liver and nourishes all the body tissues.
4. 1 teaspoon of Nordic Naturals super-duper concentrated Omega 3 fatty acids twice a day in the milk. (YOU WILL TAKE IT!!!!)
5. Drink lots of water.
6. Avoid packaged foods and fermented food (containing yeast).
I have to order the first two pills so I don’t have it yet. But I started taking the turmeric and oil last night. It tastes icky but I’m supposed to do it for 2 months and then go for a recheck – if by a miracle I live that long. LOL