Book Blogger Test Tag/ posted in: Book Discussion, Reading
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
- Shirtless men on book covers although I’m generally a fan of muscle-y shirtless men.
- Book jackets on hardcovers that slip down when you are reading
- Whitewashing models on book covers when the characters are very clearly not white
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
In bed. I like to be comfy.
3. Tell us three book confessions.
- I don’t really care about owning books. I’d rather read them and then give them away (or have them go back to the library)
- I don’t want to meet authors
- I prefer ebooks to physical most of the time.
4. When was the last time you cried at a book?
I am a cold hearted hateful person who rarely cries about anything that doesn’t involve animals. I can read about mass slaughters of humans but if the killers kick a dog on the way out of town that book is dead to me. That being said, the ghosts of men who died in the early years of the AIDS crisis in Two Boys Kissing got me all teary.
“You can’t know what it is like for us now — you will always be one step behind.
Be thankful for that.
You can’t know what it was like for us then — you will always be one step ahead.
Be thankful for that too.”
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
Three I think. I also have my iPad which has all my ebooks.
6. What is your favorite snack whist you’re reading?
I don’t snack while reading. I’ll eat whole meals but I don’t tend to just snack. I’m not sure why.
7. Name three books you’d recommend to everyone.
That’s hard because my tastes are varied and strange. Books I love most people may think are bizarre. These are important books though.
8. Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
I don’t really have pretty bookshelves artfully arranged. This is my Terry Pratchett shelf in my sewing room. This is as close as it gets to organized and decorated.
9. Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
Entertain my brain
10. What’s your biggest reading secret?
I have an extensive list of “classics” that I’ve never read. Jane Eyre? Nope. Wuthering Heights? Nope. A Wrinkle in Time? Nope. (I should read that one before the movie comes out though.)
Tag yourself if you’d like to play and let me know so I can see your answers!