I’m not big fan of eggs. I don’t like the texture no matter how they are made. I have to disguise the taste with some form of tomato – ketchup or salsa. The only egg product I really tolerate is the egg on McDonald’s bacon, egg and cheese bagel (without the meat) but with their creamy yummy sauce. Yeah, bad, I know. It reminds me of when I was almost vegetarian but still ate Big Macs and Taco Bell meat.
Anyway, I decided to try this recipe for a to-go breakfast during the Whole Life Challenge.
Don’t bother trying to follow that link since it is broken but you get the idea.
- Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners.Â I did the spray and they still stick so I’d do liners next time.
- Break one egg in a bowl and scramble with a fork.
- Mix in whatever ingredients you want.Â I used salsa and olives and red pepper.
- Pour egg into one muffin liner.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
They were nicely browned on the top but still a little soft inside for my liking.Â I like scrambled eggs to have absolutely no moisture left in them.Â I liked these better after a day in the fridge.
Freckles gives them one paw up too because she got to try some that I dropped by accident.Â There was much begging afterwards.