I got two rows finished and started sewing them together. I’m still trying to get the hang of working with the bulk of the quilt. I was gripping it too tight when I started and ended up straining some muscles in my thumb. Yeah, that’s me, lift weights all the time and then injure myself sewing.
I think I’m going to try paper clipping the section I’m working on together so I don’t have to hold it so much.
I’m quilting the words U S Navy into a quilt border. It is going to take forever with the technique I’ve chosen. It is going to be very subtle once the chalk marks are washed out. Hopefully it will still be noticeable.
In Quilts of Valor news, these three quilts were donated by a local guild.