- I set fire to a sweet potato in the microwave.
- The repair guy comes and can’t fix the microwave for less than the cost of a new one.
- Repair guy realizes that this built in microwave isn’t plugged into a socket. It is wired directly into a wall.
- Get electricians to come to make a new outlet so we can get a new microwave
- There isn’t enough room in the breaker to add a new outlet and oh yeah, your electrical system isn’t up to code and needs to be replaced if we change anything.
- Thank you, that will be $2000, ma’am.
August 2013 – February 2014
- Big gaping hole where microwave used to be wired into the wall because after all this time we realize that we don’t miss having a microwave at all and haven’t replaced it.
Look at that. There’s a light over the stove. There is a vent. There is stone covering the mangled wall. We almost look civilized again.