As bloggers we’re good at doing what we do.Â We read and write and discuss books among ourselves.Â But what can we do to pass on a love of reading to others?
You know you have extra books laying around that you are never going to read again.Â Yes, you do! Why not give them a good home?
- Donate to a teacher you know if they would be able to use them in their classroom or school library
- Check out the ALA’s extensive list of places to donate.
- Books for Africa is another idea
Start or support a Little Free Library
I have one of these in my neighborhood.Â I drop off books there sometimes.Â Need more info?
Volunteer at a Local Literacy Program
- Read to kids at a library or school
- Help out with an ESL class
- Work with an adult literacy program
What other ideas can you think of?