I’ve actually been reading books. I know! I was shocked too.
- I read this series because I had never read any Beverly Jenkins before.Â
- I read them out of order.Â Book 3, then 1, then 2.
- Either book 2 was by far the weakest or I was just getting bored by then
- I finished it!Â I think I started this one in August or September.
- It was a weird read for me.Â I would have to force myself to pick it up and then I’d start reading and get into it and wonder why I wasn’t reading this more often.Â Then I’d put it down for a while and start the whole cycle all over.
- This is sort of a Need To Know book.Â If you aren’t going to be in Avignon soon (Me! Me!) or have a strong interest in church history (also me), it wouldn’t be of interest.
- The more church history I read the more I wonder why anyone is still into Christianity.Â It is just a history of the same corruption and schemes over and over down through the centuries.Â At least make up a new scam for variety.Â