What is #BookBlogWriMo?
Basically, it’s a lax version of NaNoWriMo for book bloggers. I created prompts for each day, discussing different topics around books, blogging, and books + blogging.
My Advice for New Bloggers
Do What You Want!
- Don’t feel like you have to cater to different groups just to get people to like you.
- Don’t read books that you don’t want to read just because you can get them for free.
- Don’t go crazy the first time you get on NetGalley (It happens to all of us).
- Don’t blog if it isn’t fun anymore.
- Don’t obsess about numbers. Remember this is supposed to be fun.
What I do
- I write about any topic I want to. I don’t try to make the blog just one topic. It is my space so I’m in charge.
- I read whatever catches my eye.
- I work with a few blog tour companies and reject 99% of what they offer. I may read 1 to 2 books for them a month at the most. Everything else is from the library or my own books.
- Get involved in the communities not to drive traffic but to learn about books from other people