After our warm up we did front squats and then we did as many deficit pushups as possible in 3 minutes. Our hands were on 35# plates so we drop our chests down in a bigger range of motion. I did 44 pushups (on my knees). Then there was this:
- 25 Walking lunge steps
- 20 Pull-ups
- 50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
- 20 Double-unders/ 80 single jump ropes
- 25 Ring dips
- 20 Knees to elbows – That’s hanging from a bar. I could almost do this.
- 30 Kettlebell swings – I did 35 lbs.
- 30 Sit-ups
- 20 Dumb bell Hang squat cleans – Dumbells from knees to shoulders while squatting. I did 15 lbs in each hand.
- 25 Back extensions
- 30 Wall ball shots, 14 pound ball
- 3 Rope climb ascents / 9 pull to standing from the ground
Yeah. I did it in 21 minutes. It wasn’t actually as bad as it reads.
We did deadlifts while standing on 35 lb plates to start. I did 145 lbs. I could lift heavier but they had us doing a special grip and I couldn’t hold a heavier bar. Then we did 7 minutes of 2 front squats every minute on the minute.
The workout was as many rounds as possible in 11 minutes of:
- 11 ring dips
- 7 hang cleans – bar from knees to shoulders. I did 55 lbs.
- 11 handstand push ups or 22 pike pushups
I did 4 full rounds and finished the dips, cleans, and did 11 pikes.
This Sunday I’m signed up to run a 5K in Las Vegas. It has been nasty cold here so I haven’t run. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it even though it is nice today and you don’t see me out running. I’m just counting it as a workout and I’m going to do what I can do. At least I get a t-shirt.