I find it really hard to figure out how to handle reviewing series. If I’m reading a series you can presume that I’m enjoying it a lot. I’d like to tell people about it. But how?
Reviewing the first book is easy. After that, I run into issues like:
- How do I talk about what happens without spoilers?
- Even if I can avoid spoilers would anyone have any clue what I’m talking about without knowing the rest of the series?
For example, I recently read Spelunking Through Hell by Seanan McGuire. I have thoughts. However, it is book 11 in her Incryptid series. How am I even supposed to start talking about that? I figure most people would shut down as soon as I mentioned book 11. I probably would if I hadn’t even heard of the series.
So what are the options?
- Confine series reviews to Goodreads where only people who are interested in book will see it?
- Just ignore reviewing books that are deep in a series?
- Wait until the whole series is done and then review? That doesn’t really help for long term series though.
I’m not sure what the right answer is. Has anyone found a great solution?