I spent some extra time off work in doctor’s appointments and in the hospital with the husband after his surgery so I got some extra reading done. (He’s recovering nicely.) I finished 20 books.
They were set in:
- Texas, New Jersey, Washington, Kansas, New York, and Iowa
- The Bahamas
- Hong Kong
- and various imaginary lands
- Adult General Fiction
- YA Fantasy
- Adult Urban Fantasy
- High Fantasy
- Graphic Novels – historical fiction and nonfiction
There were 17 unique authors:
- 11 were women and 6 were men
- Non – United States authors were from Sweden, Australia, and England
- 6 of the 17 authors were POC
- 1 book was originally not written in English
Book mail this month
I received a package from England for the Ninja Book Swap.
My OTSP Secret Sister sent me an Easter box.
Hanging out and reading Shadowshaper on Easter
I debated the weirdness of Atomik Aztex and won a bundle of weird ebooks.
Foodies Read is going along nicely. If you read any books with food as a major plot point, link up with us for a chance to win another foodie book. The link up goes live on the first of each month and can be found on the sidebar.
I love swaps so I signed up for this one:
Book Expo America is in May in Chicago. I’m a discussion leader on one day and I’m going to be an onsite correspondent for Armchair BEA. I’m looking forward to that!