I had a big month.Â I read 19 books.
One event I was really focused on was #AsianLitBingo.Â The goal was to read books written by authors of Asian descent with Asian main characters.Â These are the books by Asian authors I read.
For the contest here is a list of links to my reviews. All books are own voices unless marked.
Paper Boats – The Witch’s Market – The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds – Outrun the Moon – Not Your Sidekick – Noteworthy –Hold Me – own voices for secondary characters not main character and Talk Sweetly to Me – Asian author but no Asian characters-A House Without Windows – Aunty Lee’s Deadly Specials – own voices but not reviewed yet.
My bingo card. The X is for a book I DNFed.
Other books I read were:
The books were:
- 4 audiobooks
- 5 nonfiction and 14 fiction
There were 20 unique authors.
- Â 16 female and 4 male
- Â 9 Asian authors (1 Afghani-American, 5 of Chinese descent, 1 Malaysian, 1 from Singapore, and 1 Indonesian)
- 11 white authors (Yeah, still managed to read all the white people)
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
I added 6 books this month to the map. Ireland, Singapore, Botswana, Malaysia, Afghanistan, and Indonesia
Armchair Book Expo started today and runs through Saturday.Â I’m helping out with the Twitter parties and writing posts here for the daily topics.Â There will be lots of giveaways for people participating!
In June there are a few Pride readathons and #RamadanReadathon for Muslim authors.Â Are there other events going on that you are participating in?