I was given a list of questions to answer over at Ducking For Apples. Here are my answers.
1. What can you tell us about your first horse?
I think of Spirit as a very proper retired English butler. He has a very strict schedule in mind and he expects it to be followed to the second. Unfortunately it does not coincide with my schedule. He gets terribly upset when I am late. In his mind I am always late. So the first thing I hear in the morning when I open the door is Spirit cussing me loudly. (The neighbors refer to him as the angry horse.) It doesn’t matter that I feed him at the same time every day. To him I am at least 30 minutes late. If I am truly late by having an after work meeting I am in serious trouble. I know if I come home and hear nothing that I am just beneath contempt. He has no words to express his disgust. I skulk to the barn apologizing profusely. He looks at me haughtily and refuses to talk. If I ever need a farm name it will be SpiritRun. People who don’t know me will think it is mystical. People who know Spirit will know that I just have a bossy horse.
2. What is your favorite word? Why?
I’m not sure about this one. I know my least favorite word is womb. I despise that word. I’m not sure what my favorite would be.
3. What would be your worst holiday-location nightmare?
I hate tourist traps. I can’t think of much worse than Gatlinburg TN. The first time I drove through there I was shocked by the gaudiness. They were even 3 neon colored 10 foot tall gorillas. How tacky is that?
4. What music are you listening to at the moment?
The newest thing I’ve picked up is African pop. The latest is Angelique Kidjo. I borrowed her CD Black Ivory Soul from the library and absolutely loved it.
5. Why in your list of One Hundred Things do you describe yourself as a ‘politically incorrect feminist’?
Actually that was the end of a list of adjectives so you could read it as politically incorrect and a feminist. But I like the idea of politically incorrect feminist too. My brother once called me the biggest chauvinist he ever met. I don’t tend to like women much socially. Maybe it is because I find most women obsess with trivial things like looks and if men like them. It seems like they are wasting potential.
In accordance with the rules of the meme, I need to post these instructions:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “Interview me.” (Tickle me or Caress me are not acceptable substitutes.) You must leave your blog address so I can think of good questions for you!
2. I will respond by asking you five questions – each person’s will be different. I’ll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.