Noah’s Wife by T.K. Thorne/ posted in: Reading
I absolutely loved this book! I couldn’t put it down and read it in one day.
Na’amah is thought to be cursed because she seems different from everyone else in her village. She wants to be a shepherd, which is a job for a child and not acceptable for grown women. She has no interest in marrying. She doesn’t think anyone would ever want to marry her. One day she bonds with another outsider named Noah over a talking bird in the marketplace. He buys it for her as a betrothal present. Her father accepts and Na’amah thinks that having Noah’s protection will help her deal with her very hostile brother.
Their village is on the edge of a lake and there have been minor floods through the years. They scared Na’amah so she asked that Noah, a boat builder, build them a house that will be able to float. As they add people and animals to their family they add on to the house until their house becomes a bit of a tourist attraction.
The book has many strong female characters which are lacking in the Bible story. If you are expecting a faithful retelling of the Genesis story you will be disappointed. The flood is based on historical evidence of upheaval around the Black Sea and not on the wrath of God.
Noah’s Wife Blog Tour Schedule
Friday, December 19
Review at Based on a True Story
To enter to win an Autographed copy of Noah’s Wife & magnetized bookmark, please complete the giveaway form below.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm on December 19th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion
– Winner have 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.