I readÂ 15 booksÂ in November.Â It was Nonfiction November so here are the nonfiction books I read.
Towards the end of the month some fiction started slipping in there too.
The books I read were:
- Â 2 audiobooks
- Set in the U.S., England, and China
What were my favorites?
Despite believing it all the way through the book, Adharanand Finn is not an Indian man.Â He is the child of white British hippies who gave their kids Sanskrit names.Â I was listening to the audiobook and was quite confused when I saw a picture of a white guy when I logged it on Goodreads.Â Â
What I’ve read so far in 2019:
- Righteous by Joe Ide
- Buttermilk Graffiti by Edward Lee
- The Class by Heather Won Tesoriero
- North by Scott and Jenny Jurek
- Internment by Samira Ahmed
- Tikka Chance on Me by Suleikha Snyder
- Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure by Courtney Milan
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan
- Bury What We Cannot Take by Jean Kwok
- Instant Indian by Rinku Bhattacharya
- The True Queen by Zen Cho
- Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
- A Rising Man by Abir Mukherjee
- Spices and Seasons by Rinku Bhattacharya
- Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok
- The Lost Vintage by Ann Mah
- A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai
- Quit Like a Millionaire by Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung
- What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha
I’m aiming for 21-30 books to be at the tapir level.Â 19/21 so far.Â Only 1 month left.Â I can do this!
Reading All Around the World challenge from Howling Frog Books
- Read a nonfiction book about the country – or
- Read fiction written by a native of the country or someone living for a long time in the country.
Nothing new this month
I read 4 nonfiction books this past month and have been enjoying this genre more and more. Running with Sherman not only has a cute cover, but sounds fun to read.
Wow, what a great reading month! These are all new to me, but I’m intrigued. 🙂
Running With Sherman looks like a fun read! I don’t read a lot of nonfiction these days but that looks like the kind I could fit in.
I read a little bit on nonfiction this month which is probably why I didn’t read as many books as I usually do. The long holiday weekend helped catch me up a bit as I finished up two more books this week. See what I’ve been reading at Girl Who Reads