I made the purple block last week but for some reason never got around to posting.


I thought I was being smart this week and making the block out of the same fabric that I made the other 8 inch blocks. It wasn’t until it was all done that I realized that I actually made it out of the same fabric as the 9 inch blocks. Whoops.


I got all the scrappy trip around the world blocks together today! I’m surprised that it worked as well as it did since I’ve been making these for a long time. It has been a project that I work on whenever there is nothing more urgent. During the course of it I got a more accurate 1/4″ foot for my machine so the blocks are slightly different sizes. There is some puckering but it is a utility quilt so I don’t really care. I’m going to do some borders I think. The pattern is here.