We started with a 500 meter row. One of my friends in the class is injured so she wasn’t working out. Our gym trains a lot of trainers and she is starting their program so she was observing today. She watched us row. I was next to one of our superstar athletes. I finished the row and turned around and my friend mouthed, “You kicked her ass!” I had noticed I was winning but she was catching up. I wasn’t going to mention it but as long as someone brought it up…. LOL.
Then we did floor presses and deadlifts. My partner for the day was in beast mode. She was lifting huge amounts of weight. We had to keep lowering it back to human levels for me.
The workout was 21 reps then 15 reps then 9 reps of:
- Push presses – Bar from shoulders to overhead.Â I did 45 lbs.Â That felt like I was being really wimpy when I set it up but it was a good choice for that many reps.
- Toes to bar – You hang from a bar and lift your feet as high as you can.Â I’m not good at this but I noticed today that I’m getting better.Â I was getting my knees up towards my chest instead of just to about waist high.
The downside of your friend acting as a trainer is that she is watching me more.Â No slacking on the reps!
I had eaten something earlier that was really greasy and nasty.Â Actually I only ate a few bites of it and then I couldn’t do any more.Â I felt unclean for the rest of the day.Â I tried to work out but couldn’t get moving.Â I decided to take Freckles and Z for a walk.Â Usually Z whines the entire time.Â It was really cold and we were bundled up like the kid in A Christmas Story.Â We were walking along and then I had a plan.Â I proposed a race to the end of the sidewalk.Â Freckles has recently refused to run with me.Â I knew she wouldn’t race.Â So we started off and sure enough she stopped dead so Z won easily.Â I made a huge deal about losing to Z.Â I accused her of corrupting Freckles so she worked against me.Â I wailed about the overall unfairness of life.Â Z loved it so much that we “raced” two more times and she only whined about not being able to go on once.Â I pointed out that if she couldn’t walk another step that she’d have to live her whole life out on that piece of sidewalk and so she shut up and moved on.Â We did 1.5 miles.
The workout today was 30 minutes long (after warm up and strength training).Â We had to do as many rounds as possible of:
- 5 dead lifts – I started with 105 lbs but I was doing it too well and the trainer told me that he was memorizing that 105 was too light for me.Â So with 7 minutes left I upped it to 125.
- 13 push ups – I do push ups on my knees and I am extremely proud that today I remembered to get a mat for my knees so they aren’t all scraped up.Â Sometimes it is the little things that make you happy.
- 9 box jumps -Â I only do 12 inches because I can’t jump with both feet.Â I end up tripping over my feet and falling down.Â I’m not sure why I’m so uncoordinated at this.
I did 17 rounds.