Our strength work started with weighted dips.  I consider my body weight to be quite enough weight, thank you.  We did 4 sets of 5.  Then we moved onto overhead squats.  We were doing light weight so I did all of my 4 sets of 5 reps at 35# but my trainer made me do an extra one at 45.

The workout was 21 reps then 15 reps then 9 reps of:

  • Deadlifts – I did 125#
  • Handstand pushups or 2x pikes – I did pikes.

I did it in 4:51.


I went swimming.  I did 10 laps without stopping in the backstroke.


Free yoga classes got added to my CrossFit membership.  I was all excited but I was worried that being CrossFit it was going to be some insane power flow class.  I like hatha style classes that are more about holding the poses in order to get a good release.  Happily, it was the kind of class I like so I’ll be going back.  I did get outed as a yoga person though.  The class was me and three guys who seem to be new to yoga.  We were doing pigeon pose which is one of my favorites.  I dropped into it while the guys were still figuring out how to twist their legs around like the teacher.  The teacher called me out on having done this before.  I think she was glad.

Then we went canoeing with people from work.  The husband and I got separated from the group as soon as we started.  He was on a mission.  They were floating and playing.  I didn’t row much because the water was taking us downstream at a good pace.

I also went for a 2 mile walk to see how fast I could do it.  I’m still thinking about doing the Iceland MoonWalk.  I may do a marathon training cycle now to see if it is something I enjoy and to see if I can get near the 14 minute mile pace.  I was at 17.5 on this walk.  I can do 15 minute miles on a treadmill but it is harder outside.


I went swimming before work.  I’ve decided that swimming isn’t going to be a major workout for me.  I’m treating it more as recovery and relaxation.  I want to do it almost like a walking meditation but without drowning.  I have to keep my mind a little awake or I start to sink.  I didn’t think I was doing a good job on the meditation yesterday but I was wrong.  I got to work and it was insane.  In the first 15 minutes we were open we had 25 people sign in.  Some slow days that all we see in a 6 hr shift.  A few minutes in I realized that my brain felt like it was still floating.  I think I may have been bobbing my head.  I was pretty chill.


We figured out our one rep max on the kettlebell swings.  I could do 60 lbs up over my head and 70 lbs Russian style, which is just up until your arms are parallel to the floor.

We did turkish get ups after that.  I held a 25# kettlebell in one hand above my head and then got down on the floor and got back up.  We were supposed to do 4 rounds of 2 on each arm.  That was a lot.

The workout was:

  • 1 rope climb or 5 body rows – I did body rows
  • 20 double unders or 50 single jump ropes

We did that every minute on the minute for 11 minutes.  I did singles because I could do them fast and get done with each round in about 25 seconds.  Then I could rest.  You never get to rest in the middle of a workout.