I see articles all the time about how Crossfit is going to kill you or at the very least maim you. I have an injury that I’ve never seen mentioned in all the articles.
On Tuesday the workout contained 200 sit ups. I was wearing a new pair of workout pants. Apparently there is a seam across the butt. It rubbed me raw. I look like I’ve been branded across the butt. Ow. Not fun. Note to self – don’t wear those if there are situps on the schedule.
We warmed up with a 600 m row and then we did the whole workout with a PVC pipe instead of weight to finish warming up.
For strength work we did 5 back squats (I did 85 lbs) on every even minute and 10 box jumps on every odd minute for 10 minutes.
The workout was:
- 10 strict presses – push the bar overhead from under the chin
- 15 overhead squats – hold the bar overhead and squat
- 20 push presses – bend your knees a little and stand up quickly to give yourself a little momentum to push the bar overhead
- 25 front squats – squat with the bar under your chin
- 30 push jerks – push the bar overhead and squat a little to catch it.
- 35 back squats – squat with the bar on your shoulders behind your head.
I used 35 lbs. That was a little light but I got nervous because the Rx weight for women was 45 lbs. I usually do a little less than Rx. I could have probably done 45. I did it in 7:50.
We went to the gym where we swim and exercised on the track. I was getting anxious about it getting warm because we’ll start running in CrossFit again. I hate running. I’m bad at running. Even thinking about running stresses me.
So I did 1/4 mile walk, 1/4 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/4 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile run, and 1/4 mile walk. It was surprisingly easy. I even rechecked the track distance and my math several times because even the 1/2 mile was easy. I’m still convinced I did the math wrong.
It is bring a friend week so the workouts are a little easier. I don’t have any friends who want to get up before dawn with me in order to beat up their bodies.
We started with snatches. That is taking the bar from the floor to overhead. We did 5 sets of 3. I did 55 lbs, working on form.
We did reverse hypers.
The workout was 2 minutes of:
- 12 Deadlifts – bar from floor to hips
- 9 Power Cleans – bar from floor to under chin
- 6 Push Jerks – bar from chin to overhead
Then we rested 2 minutes. We did it for a total of 3 times. You used the same weight for each lift so the deadlifts were simple and the push jerks were hard. I did 65 lbs. I did 3 full rounds and did 3 more deadlifts.