So far I’m surviving vacation with the family! We left on Monday. There was a runway being paved in Atlanta that messed up flights all over the East Coast. We were going through Atlanta so we got lots of delays but we got here late Monday night/early Tuesday morning.

Tuesday the husband decided that we absolutely must go to a breakfast buffet so we went to the one at the Excalibur. It was pretty good. I’m not a big buffet fan since I never eat enough to make it worth the money. Then the husband went back to the hotel to take phone calls for work and the parents and I went looking at casinos. We don’t gamble so basically it is a photography tour. We look for good things to sit on and take pictures of. We went to the Excalibur (sitting on dragons and horses), Luxor, Mandalay Bay, NY NY, and MGM Grand. We saw the lion display at MGM Grand. Then we went and lounged around the the world’s coldest pool. We went to the hotel’s pizza and bingo night. I won a cooler, the husband won a $15 WalMart gift card and my mother won a shirt. That night we got 1/2 price tickets to Second City’s improv show at the Flamingo. It was really good.

Wednesday was Grand Canyon day. We got up way early to drive the 5 hours to the Grand Canyon. I’d never been there before. They have three free shuttle buses that will take you all over to the good lookout spots. It was really cold and windy. Even I was getting cold. The husband took lots of pictures which I can’t upload here but I’ll post later.

On the way to the canyon I was half asleep when my mom said she saw a sign for a Morgan farm. She said it didn’t look like much but then she mentioned the name. It is the farm that the frontrunner to be Prize’s baby-daddy lives at. At the Grand Canyon we found a computer and looked up the website. That stallion had moved but they still had others and had some babies of his on the farm. I called and they said to stop on by. It was dark when we got there and they don’t have lights. So we looked at babies by flashlight. There was some serious baby cuteness! Too bad it was too dark for pictures. The stallion that was there was amazing! He is massive. His legs look like tree trunks. I’ve always thought that Prize was a little lacking in amount of bone in her legs if I was going to make her into a competitive trail horse. This stallion’s babies all had substantial bones in their legs. He was really nice too. The owner opened his stall and let us go in with him. He was loose and we were strangers approaching him with a flashlight and he never batted an eye. He checked us for treats (typical Morgan!!) and didn’t even beat up on us when we didn’thave any. The only thing I don’t like about him is that he is 16 hands tall. Prize is 15.1 hands and I would like a baby a bit smaller if I was going to keep it. If I was selling the baby the bigger the better. I’m going to have to think about this. I still like the original stallion I wanted to see. His babies were beautiful. I’m going to have to get in touch with his owner and see if I can get more info on him.

Today we don’t have anything specific planned. Tomorrow is Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, and Lake Mead.