I love going to conferences. The main reason is that I’m an introvert in a job where I have to talk to 50-70 sets of people a day. At a conference I can be surrounded by thousands of people and not have to talk to any of them but waitresses for a whole week. Heaven!
What I’ve Learned So Far
- I’m out of the loop. Â The first speaker had a whole list of TV shows he’s been on. Â I’ve never seen any of them.
- I snagged my first free pen of the conference during the first lecture. Â Score!
- The lecturer for my second lecture said, “Who doesn’t like a good polka?” Â That’s my opinion too.
- My favorite restaurant in the universe is here. Â I’m happy.
- I got a free Build a Bear. Â Not sure why they were giving them out but I got one in case the 10 million other ones we have at home get lonely.
- I hate the sound of people whispering and laughing if I’m not involved.
- I liked it when another grumpy lady shushed them. I’m a bad person.
- I’m incapable of single-tasking. Â I can’t listen to a lecture and take notes without also playing a game on my iPad.
- I’m glad I went to vet school before iPads.
- One moderator said there was to be no photography or typing. Â I wondered why no typing before my Southern to English translation part of my brain kicked in and realized he meant “no taping.”
- On the shuttle to the convention center this morning I saw three hot air balloons. Â On the back to the car on the shuttle, there were three biplanes. Â I hope we keep evolving through the week. Â I want to see UFOs.
Hahaha! Enjoy the rest of your conference. Will you be checking into those TV shows when you get home?
Nah, he wasn’t that interesting.