I’ve spent part of the afternoon googling things in my new neighborhood. Now I’m getting excited. Here’s what I found so far.
1. First things first, the dog park is 2 miles away.
2. The library is less than 2 miles in the other direction.
3. The big mansion in our neighborhood has memberships so you can visit the garden and house whenever you want. They also have a dog membership option that is a free add on and then on summer Sundays Freckles can go for walks in the park.
4. There is a metro park in the neighborhood. They list several trails including a 6 mile jogging trail, a 3.3 mile wooded trail, and a 1.5 mile hilly trail.
5. When I was looking at maps I kept seeing railroad tracks. I lived in an apartment by a railroad once. It wasn’t fun when they went by early in the morning. Then I found out that this is a scenic railroad. It goes from a national park in the north down to a station 4 miles from our house. It runs back and forth four times a day in the summer and on weekends year round.
6. The National Park in the area has lots of trails too. I know they used to run competitive trail rides up there years ago so there has to be miles and miles.
I realize that this is a bunch of outdoor activity for such a snowy area. I’m going to have to start looking for inside stuff to do too.