For our strength work we did cleans – bar from floor to chin. I did 100 lbs which is a new PR for me.
The workout was 15 reps then 12 – 9 – 6 – 3 of:
- Thrusters – squat with the bar at your chin then stand up and push it over head – I did 55 #.
- Push ups
- Body rows
I did it in 10:38. Thrusters always kill me.
The Whole Life Challenge started. This is an 8 week diet and exercise challenge. The diet is:
- No grains – except brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, wild rice, and amaranth if you are a vegetarian – We Win!
- No sugar – no artificial sweeteners – no honey, agave, fruit juice etc. You can have stevia.
- No starchy vegetables like potatoes or corn. You can have sweet potatoes.
- No dairy except small amounts of butter are allowed.
- No soy except miso and tempeh for vegetarians
- No processed food. If it has any chemicals in the ingredient list you can’t have it.
So for me this means mainly fruits and vegetables. I love the fact that we can have rice this year. We didn’t have it last year. I had such bad cravings for rice the second month. I don’t even eat rice all that often but I was dreaming of it.
The first weekly challenge is to drink 1/2 oz of water per lb of bodyweight daily. I hate water challenges. I always get headaches.
We also need to do 10 minutes of working out every day, 10 minutes of stretching, and take a supplement of our choice daily. I’m taking B12.
I went swimming for my workout. I also stretched in the whirlpool.
I drove for about 8 hrs but still got in a 10 minute walk when I got home. From now on assume a 10 minute walk on days I don’t post a real workout.
We did back squats again. The reps were 30-20-10-5 like last week but we had to do heavier weights this week. My pounds were 75-85-95-110.
I did the Whole Life Challenge baseline workout today. It started with 2 minutes of 25 yard sprints. I did 10 lengths. Then there was a 1 minute rest and then 2 minutes of 5 push ups and 10 squats. I did 4 rounds. Rest one minute and then 2 minutes of sit ups. I did 37. Rest one minute and back to the 25 yard sprints. I did 9 lengths that time.