I’ve been using my sewing time to work on a few projects so I knew I was getting a bit behind on my Friday Block Party blocks. But I was shocked to realize that I was 5 weeks behind! I’m going to get caught up now.

Here are weeks 31, 32, and 33 (clockwise from top left).


Week 31 is made with some horrible vegetable fabric. This must have spontaneously generated in my stash because I’ve never seen it before and I know that I wouldn’t have bought anything like it. It looks much better cut up into small pieces.

Week 32 was a nice simple block. I made it with 3d flying geese to add some texture.

I actually followed the quilter’s cache instructions for week 33. I usually do anything to avoid sewing triangles together. I realized how rarely I use written directions. As I was sitting at the computer taking notes on what sizes to cut, my boyfriend walked by and asked if I was cheating. I had to explain that it is ok to use directions even if he’d never actually seen me do it before.


Here are weeks 34 and 35. Pretty straightforward but I managed to screw up the math several times. I’m blaming my cold or cold medicine or phase of the moon or something.