WIP Wednesday/ posted in: Quilting
Swaps finished this week:
Aqua, grey, and yellow half square triangles.
Here’s the group so far.
The second one requested a French theme in black and white with a splash of aqua.
I planned on getting more done but I had to put my machine in time out for acting up. It kept saying that it had a thread tangled even after I unthreaded it. I finally took it all apart and found a ball of lint the size of my bobbin in the bobbin case. Taking that out fixed things!
I’m a state coordinator for Quilts of Valor, an organization that makes quilts for veterans. January 1 is going to be the 1st Annual Quilts of Valor New Year’s Day Sit N Sew!
1. Pick a pattern that you would like to make that you think you can piece in one day.
2. Cut out all your fabrics during December.
3. On January 1st sit and sew it together.
4. When your top is finished, request a volunteer longarmer http://www.qovf.org/req-longarmer.html or arrange to have it quilted by a volunteer longarmer in your area (if you have one)
5. After your quilt is finished (bound, labeled, washed & in a presentation case), request a destination and put NYD S&S in the comments field of the request form. You will receive information on where to send your quilt and your name will then be entered into a drawing for prizes (to be announced)
6. A winner will be drawn for every 13 NYD S&S quilts, which are completed by March 13, 2013, for which a destination is requested. So the sooner you finish your quilt, the better your chance is of winning.
I’ve already picked my pattern. Now I just have to get it cut out! Everyone is welcome to join in. Tell everyone you know and let’s see how many quilts we can get made.